The roulette hypnotic wheel has long inspired many gamblers around the world to kick in the doors of a land-based casino. However, the introduction of the game to the internet world has caused many gamblers to play the casino classic online instead. In fact, most online casinos you find on the web have even taken the step of including Live Roulette in their gaming portfolio. Interested in playing? Read through our full guide, choose a casino from our list and start betting today!
Roulette online vs. Live Roulette
If you entered the words ‘Live Roulette‘ into the search box, you probably played one or many of the 2D or 3D Roulette games spread across the web. But we think you’re looking for a more interactive version of the black and red casino classic that can entertain you for hours if you’ve landed on this site. Maybe a game that will give you less fuss when you’ve planted on the couch, set up your laptop and put in your bankroll. Well, if that’s the case, we highly recommend Live Roulette.
|1. Sound and atmosphere that mimics a physical casino experience.|
|2. A professional dealer who spins the wheel and ball for you.|
|3. Chat and video feature that lets you communicate with the dealer and other players around the table.|
What is Live Dealer Roulette?
Over the years, Roulette become incredibly popular with casinos in the gambling Mecca of the world, often surrounded by enthusiastic casino fans waiting to become part of the fun. It goes without saying that its popularity with land-based casinos eventually inspired to adapt the game and introduce it to the online world as soon as the online casinos finally became a reality in the mid-90s. A few years later, as live streaming improved, casinos sought to reflect the roulette experience you typically had at land-based casinos like Sin City. Thus, Live Roulette with its non-virtual dealer was born.
Live Roulette delivers everything you would expect from a Roulette game. Compared to a regular online Roulette game, this variant exposes you to the special wow factor you won’t find when playing any other version of Roulette online. In fact, live dealers make the game feel far more authentic than a regular online casino game. Also, when playing against other players instead of a pre-programmed dealer, this helps to provide a rich casino experience.
Why Play Live Roulette?
Roulette has earned a special place in the hearts of many gamblers around the world. Still, many Roulette enthusiasts are prevented from playing the game at a land-based casino because of expensive travel and subsistence costs that cause them to sacrifice a large portion of their bankroll. But these days, your wallet doesn’t have to get slimmed by playing Roulette.
The advantages of playing Live Roulette
- Reflects the real casino experience you would typically get at a land-based casino;
- Gives you a far more empowering experience than you would have had by playing Roulette online;
- Allows you to play a live version of Roulette online from the comfort of your own home;
- Allows you to communicate with a live dealer;
- Allows you to play against other players.
- Allows you to enjoy a Roulette game at a slower pace.
How does Live Dealer Roulette work?
Live Dealer Roulette is synonymous with the Roulette experience you would normally get at a land-based casino. Once you have chosen your game, the game will load and you will be transported into the Roulette world.
Your game will be streamed in real time using state-of-the-art technology and you will be able to place your inside and outside bets on a table that is a replica of what you usually find at land-based casinos. Besides, you will also be able to see the dealer spin the wheel, hear him / her announce the outcome and which player has won. You can also communicate with other players and your dealer while playing the game from your own comfortable sofa. What’s not to like?!
Choose the right Live Roulette game for you!
There are undoubtedly many different variants of Live Roulette on the internet. There are a number of factors to consider when choosing which version of Live Roulette to play. These include of course software type, game variant and bet size.
Many casino software companies have jumped on board the live casino train. Among them are the software giants Playtech, Microgaming and Net Entertainment. However, you will also find many other software companies that have developed these types of games.
Whether you’re a fan of American Roulette or you prefer the original European version of the game, it’s up to you. In any case, when deciding which variant to take into consideration the house’s advantage, you should. Remember that American Roulette has an extra pocket marked ’00’ which increases the house advantage.
How to Play Live Roulette as a Rock Star!
Roulette is a game based entirely on luck. Learning how to play is quite simple and is mostly about placing bets and waiting for certain numbers to hit. If you’ve never played Live Roulette before, let’s explain the rules to you. Take a look below to learn how to become a Roulette star by following our simple steps!
Live Roulette Rules
1. Place your bets.
Before the dealer spins the Roulette wheel, place your bets. This is about placing chips on the grid using your mouse.
How to place bets in Live Roulette
Roulette is about predicting what numbers will hit when the Roulette wheel has been spun. All you have to do is place your bets on the numbers you want to bet on.
- A ‘straight’ bet can be placed by placing your chip on a single number. This can be done by placing your casino chip on any number. If you play European Roulette you will be able to place bets of 0-36. However, if you try to play the American counterpart, you will also have a pocket of ’00’. Typically, the 18 numbers on the Roulette wheel and the table grid where you place your bets will be red, while the other half will be black. ‘0’ and ’00’, found only in American Roulette, are green.
- The grid of the table will also be marked with the words ‘Even’, ‘Odd’, ‘Red’ and ‘Black’, which will allow you to place bets on even, odd, all red numbers. and all the black numbers, as you wish. You can also choose to place your bet on the lower half of the numbers marked ‘1-18’ or the higher half ’19 -36 ‘.
- If you place your bets on ‘1 st 12′, you will bet on the first 12 numbers from 1 to 12.
- If you place your chip on ‘2 nd 12′, you bet on the next 12 numbers, ie from 13-24.
- If you place your chip on the pocket for ‘3 rd 12′ on the table, you will bet on the last 12 numbers, ie 25-36.
- In American Roulette you will be able to place a ‘sucker bet’ if you wish. This involves placing inserts on pockets marked 00, 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- If you place your chip on one of the three pockets where it says ‘2 to 1’ on the right side of the table, this means you are betting on this individual row.
- If you place your casino chip on the middle of the four-line line, you will bet on the four numbers.
- You can also place bets on two numbers by placing your chip on the line in the middle of the two numbers.
Know your odds of winning
When playing Roulette, you can place inside and outside bets. Generally speaking, the odds pay higher when you place bets on the inside. Take a look at the odds for inside and outside bets below:
Inside bets i Live Roulette:
Straight up: one number – pay 35 to 1
Split bet: two numbers – pays 17 to 1
Street: three numbers – pays 11 to 1
Corner bet: four numbers – pays 8 to 1
Exterior bets in Live Roulette:
These bets do not involve specific numbers and are placed outside the numbers chart:
Color bets (red or black) pay 1 to 1
Bet on odd or even numbers pays 1 to 1
Bet on column or 12 numbers pays 2 to 1
Dozen bets (1st 12, etc.) pay 2 to 1
Stakes on High or Low pay 1 to 1
2. Wait for the live dealer to spin the wheel.
When you have finished placing your bets, you can only wait for the dealer to spin the wheel. When the ball stops, your dealer will then announce the outcome to you. If you’ve won, it’s your money. But if you lose, your casino chips will go to the house.
3. Re-bet or select new numbers for the next round.
The table will then be cleared for bets placed in the previous round and you will be able to bet again (‘rope’) or choose new numbers to bet your money on.
There will always be an advantage no matter which Live Roulette game you choose. Generally speaking, this can range from 2.70% to about 5%. Basically, ‘0’ and ’00’ (American Roulette) represent the house advantage in the game.
Play Live Dealer Roulette for real money
Live Roulette is definitely perfect for fans who become nostalgic when they think back to the amazing experience they once had when playing the red and black wheel game at a land-based casino. The casino game has tons of premium action and lets you socialize with other people right from your own comfortable living room. So what could be better? Start playing today by clicking on one of the online casinos in our list!